To create the top of the table I was initially going to lay 5 of the deck boards parallel to one another. After laying these out it looked nice but since I'm recently creative, I knew I could do better. I decided to cut the deck boards into random lengths and laid them out so each cut was offset from the neighboring board. Doing this seemed to give the table a little more personality. I now had finished the legs for the table and the boards I would use for the table top. I used the remaining wood left from the pallet to attach the table top boards together and provide additional support. In order to assemble everything together I simply used some wood screws I already had and some trim nails. In the process of building the table I came across two pieces of rebar I had in my garage, using my newly discovered creative side I cut these and placed them between the table legs on each end. I did this by drilling a hole (not all the way through) on the inside of each leg just big enough to hammer the rebar into.
My intent was to build a coffee table for my living room, as my current coffee table had a lovely 70's flair to it that I wasn't exactly fond of. The first task at hand was to decide what I would use for the table legs. I noticed that the 3 stringers (the pieces of wood that support the deck boards) had arches cut in them, this were used to accommodate the forklift in its previous life. I found these stringers to be perfect for the legs as they are sturdy and the arch cut into them would provide a decorative look. I cut the stringers right down the middle of the arches and was able to get 4 identical pieces that I could use for the legs.
All graphics and other visual elements as well as any sign reproduced on the display products reproduced on the Website belong to their respective owners and users and is provided AS IS for your personal information only. Copyright © 2004–2019 tedxbrixton.