Garden. Published at Friday, November 02nd 2018, 03:48:00 AM by Shelby G.
With a plethora of decorating magazines on the stands, interior/exterior decorating websites and design blogs, it's easy to want more than what the budget will allow. So it is always a good idea, as you formulate decorating ideas for a patio, to determine what your budget can afford.
Reviewing visual resources such as garden and patio magazines and interior design websites can help generate ideas; use photos to assemble a theme or style suited to your desired effect.
If you, a friend or a family member, have a talent for crafty work, do-it-yourself (DYI) instructions are readily available for almost every type of patio, or deck, decorating project such as an in-ground pond or water fountain, a stone path or a mosaic tile table top. The options are endless. It helps to have a general plan before you begin to keep the entire project manageable.
Here, then, are ten simple and affordable patio decorating ideas to freshen or change an outdoor entertaining area:
1) Repaint or refinish outdoor furniture; consider a new color for a big change.
2) Hand painted canvas cushion pillow covers for outdoor furniture; use colors and designs to match or complement a theme.
3) Place larger potted plants of various sizes placed in unusual containers around the perimeter of patio area. Search out chipped pottery pieces at garden stores for marked down prices; a chip or two can be easily hidden or camouflaged.
4) Group furniture together creating one or more cozy/intimate spaces.
5) Consider making or purchasing a hand painted canvas rug; these are great for outdoor patios or decks and many artists will offer a wide choice of different designs with custom color options.
6) Add decorative lighting using unusual items; add garden lanterns or string twinkle lights around a tree or under the eaves of a garden umbrella.
7) Hand paint small to medium tera cota planters; transplant smaller flowers, herbs or leafy plants and use as table decorations.
8) Make or purchase tablecloths; oilcloth is a great choice for casual outdoor tables, providing easy maintenance and available in a variety of colors and designs.
9) Wall art adds a designer touch to a patio and can be anything, from sculpture, to driftwood, to hand painted canvas wall decor. Use larger pieces on expansive outdoor wall areas or hang in smaller groups of three.
All graphics and other visual elements as well as any sign reproduced on the display products reproduced on the Website belong to their respective owners and users and is provided AS IS for your personal information only. Copyright © 2004–2018 tedxbrixton.